How do you become an artist on Spotify?
To become an artist on Spotify, you need to publish and share your music with listeners. Here are the steps to becoming an artist on Spotify:
- Prepare Your Music in Digital Format: First, record and prepare your music in a digital format. High-quality sounds and a professional recording are essential.
- Choose a Digital Distributor: To release your music on Spotify and other digital music platforms, you'll need to work with a digital distributor. Digital distributors allow you to upload your music to various music platforms. Popular digital distributors include DistroKid, TuneCore, CD Baby, and EmuBands, among others.
- Create an Account with the Distributor: After selecting a digital distributor, create an account on their website.
- Upload Music and Metadata: Once your account is set up, upload your music and make sure the song titles, album artwork, tracklists, and other metadata are accurate. You'll also need to enter your artist name and biography.
- Schedule the Release: After uploading your music, set a release date. This date is usually when your music will be available on all digital platforms. Your distributor can help you with this process.
- Verification: Spotify may have a verification process for new artist accounts. The verification process may take a few days and could require you to submit some documents.
- Appear on Spotify: Your music will start appearing on Spotify from the scheduled release date. Now, your listeners can discover and listen to your music.
- Develop Your Profile: Enhance your profile to make it more attractive by adding an artist photo, social media links, and up-to-date information. Actively using social media can also help you connect with your audience and increase your follower count.
Remember, becoming an artist is just the first step in getting your music to the listeners. You'll also need to work on promoting your music, organizing concerts, and growing your follower base to further your career.